What is Humanism?
- a democratic and ethical life stance,
- which affirms that human beings have the right and responsibility to give meaning and shape to their own lives.
- It stands for the building of a more humane society through an ethic based on human and other natural values in the spirit of reason and free inquiry through human capabilities.
- It is not theistic, and it does not accept supernatural views of reality."
- Adapted from IHEU Minimum Statement on Humanism
For more info - refer the links below
Amsterdam Declaration 2002 - IHEU
About Humanism - by American Humanist Association
A Secular Humanist Declaration -1980 by Council for Secular Humanism